TONI-isms are special gestures, ideas, comical terms, or symbols that Toni shared with her friends and family throughout her amazing 23 years! There is no better way to share her humor, laughter, & smile than to share these with you!
- C-ya bye~ This is Toni’s favorite way to tell you goodbye or she would see you later! In her mother’s words, if Toni were to want us to know anything now it is that she will see us later, therefore Toni would say “c-ya, bye”.
- Bubble~A bubble is an empty text sent on your phone by hitting the space bar and send! If sent on an iphone the text shows up as a text bubble. Toni shared with many friends in various sizes and shapes in a way to say “hi” or “I’m thinking of you” in the middle of the day, evening, and even night. A bubble can brighten your day when you least expect it!
- Butterfly~ 23 butterflies were let go on April 13th, 2012 at Toni’s graveside service. Her mother’s butterfly lingered for 15 minutes after the service. A butterfly has since been referred to as a sweet reminder from the Lord that Toni is ok! The butterfly had no significance to Toni’s family or life prior to this day, and now a sense of comfort is received each time a butterfly is seen!
- Bubblefly~The combination of a text including a bubble & a butterfly! There are numerous ways to send bubbleflies using various symbols from your keyboard! You can experiment with your keys to send a bubblefly via text to encourage someone’s smile.
- Ham-fries~ During Toni’s hospitalization her family had to eat at many restaurants and fast food places. ham-fries became a family joke as her mother wrote on an order for her father meaning hamburger & fries, but instead he misunderstood and was frowned up by the Wendy’s employee as he ordered “ham-fries”. Toni & her family have had many laughs about ham-fries.
- The “Moore” family~ Toni’s family began to refer to themselves as the Moore family shortly after her grandmother misunderstood the hospital volunteer at one of Toni’s procedures! Toni’s mamaw Judy heard the volunteer to ask if there were anymore family, when she was truly asking for the “Moore” family! This brings many laughs to the Black family aka the Moore family!
- Squeeze x3~ A way of saying “I love you” across the miles by many friends and family when Toni’s mother could hold Toni’s hand and squeeze three times to share of someone’s communication across the miles! It became a popular text, post, tweet, & comment. Toni’s response to squeeze x3 was always “squeezing” because she vowed to never let go! Toni’s squeeze x3 has touched many! It is often abbreviated as Sqx3.
- Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle~ This is the way we would tell Toni to shine to the doctors and to shine to the world! WE definitely saw Toni & she will forever SPARKLE!
- 4:13-4/13~ Toni’s faith scripture was Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.” She was also laid to rest on April 13th! Ironic? You decide…